Thursday 14 October 2010

Split Ends

Well, as you can see, I have a little work on my desk today. Mainly involving these little monkeys - ends ...

It's unavoidable really, if I ever want to finish this fairisle cardi. Can't say it's much fun this bit, but no pain, no gain, as they say.

Meanwhile, as there has been a distinct lack of sewing on this blog of late, I thought I'd show you my current work in progress. It's a table runner (obviously). I started out just joining up hexes into flowers, not really knowing what it was going to become. And then I thought perhaps a nice bit of patchwork in the kitchen would look good. But I couldn't really be bothered to hex them all together, so I just sewed each flower onto a square of fabric - tres lazy.


The girls at my sewing class like it, although it's a bit 'random'. I'm going to have to figure out how to put a long edge on each side with as few seams as possible - it's 7 foot long. Then I will have to find some backing fabric and sandwich in some wadding, then a binding for the edge. Bit like a very thin quilt really.
But at the moment, I am thinking about Wizard costumes. Of course it's Halloween soon and I suspect the 'dress-up' day at school next week will be pretty obvious. At least I hope so. I grabbed a witches hat in the supermarket last week, suspecting that it was better to get it early and avoid the last minute panic. So I'm thinking a very long cape with stars and moons on it. I may even go the whole hog and get some face paint. Then I shall just have to wave my magic wand and hey presto! A wizard will appear!

1 comment: